Producers of the social media-driven education web series and documentary Undroppable will embark on a nationwide tour starting Wednesday to help inform U.S. high school students about political topics.
“Most high school students can’t vote this year, but they need to know what’s going on just as much as everyone else,” says filmmaker Jason Pollock, who is one of the project’s four producers.
He, Scooter Braun, Adam McKay and Sharon Chang will launch the “Undroppable Election Tour” in Los Angeles. Pollock’s visits will be 60 minutes and consist of a speech, videos and panels with area leaders.SEE ALSO: Russell Simmons Tackles Voter Suppression in Digital Short
The non-partisan tour will visit 14 high schools in 10 states from Wednesday until Election Day.
- Oct. 24: La Causa Youthbuild Charter School, Los Angeles
- Oct. 26: New Bedford High School, New Bedford, Mass.
- Oct. 27: Bridgeport High Schools, Bridgeport, Conn.
- Oct. 28: New York City Press Day
- Oct. 29: Palumbo Academy, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Oct. 30: Edsel Ford High School and Dearborn Magnet High School, Dearborn, Mich.
- Oct. 31: Starr Commonwealth School, Albion, Mich., and Bloomingdale High School, Bloomington, Mich.
- Nov. 1: Collins Academy. Chicago
- Nov. 2: East High School, Des Moines, Iowa
- Nov. 3: Highland Park High School,Topeka, Kan.
- Nov. 5: Dohn Community High School, Cincinnati
- Nov. 6: Election Day, Cincinnati
Pollock will film scenes from the tour for the Undroppable documentary, which will tell the story of students battling against dropping out of school. It is slated for release in mid 2013.
Thumbnail courtesy of Jason Pollock